This smoothie is absolutely the best. We often have this for breakfast. It has added protein to give you a boost and the flavors come together to make an absolutely fabulous smoothie. If you don’t want your smoothie as thick, just add more coconut water or almond milk. If you prefer it to be more cold, add 1/4 cup of crushed ice and pulverize. Drizzle with optional honey for added sweetness. Enjoy!
Kale Almond Smoothie
- 1 5 oz pkg baby kale or 1 bunch fresh kale any kind
- 1/4 cup marcona almonds
- 1/4 cup coconut water or almond milk
- 1/4 cup frozen strawberries or fruit of your choice
- 1 frozen banana peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 orange
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- honey to taste optional
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and pulverize.
- Drizzle with the optional honey
Source: adapted from https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/almond-kale-and-banana-smoothie