We love this smoothie! It is best to taste the kale just to make sure it isn’t on the bitter side. If it is, which usually happens in the middle of summer, just use baby kale. I keep ripe bananas in my freezer for these occasions. Just set them in the freezer skins and all and when you are ready to use them just remove the peel. Enjoy!
Makes 2 large-sized smoothies
- 4 large leaves swiss chard stems removed
- 1 bunch lacinto kale stems removed
- handful frozen strawberries
- handful frozen cherries
- 1 frozen banana
- 16 ounces coconut water
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 4 mandarin oranges juiced
Combine all of the ingredients in your blender and puree until pulverized.
Source: Janel from Twelvebasketfuls.com