This salad makes a great appetizer or light lunch. The added meat and cheese make it more substantial. If you can find some fennel salami it is absolutely outstanding! This salad would go perfectly with a San Pellegrino lemon or orange soda and some toasted crusty bread brushed with olive oil and ground garlic or dipped in some olive oil and honey. Follow with your favorite espresso drink for desert! If you don’t have any balsamic vinegar and olive oil, just use your favorite salad dressing. Ranch pretty much works with anything. Enjoy!
- 1 package (5 ounces) pre-washed spring mix that contains radicchio (if no radicchio add some to the mix)
- 1/3 pound Italian Fennel Salami chopped into 1/2 inch squares
- 1/4 cup roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 cup marinated artichokes
- 1/4 pound sliced unsmoked provolone cheese cut into 1/2 inch squares
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese balls
- 1/4 cup roasted honey turkey breast torn
- 1/4 cup purple onion finely sliced
- 1/8 cup castelvetrano olives (pitted)
- 1 teaspoon dried italian or greek oregano
- Balsamic Vinegar (I use Villa Mandori brand dark cherry flavor)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl starting with a bed of greens then top with each of the ingredients.
- Garnish the salad with some dried oregano and top with high quality balsamic vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil or your favorite salad dressing.
Source: Janel from twelvebasketfuls.com