Our electric coffee makers haven’t held up over the years so we have switched to other methods of making coffee. We use a Chemex beaker and filters for our pour-over coffee. This set-up is a great method for brewing that perfect cup of coffee in what looks like a beaker from science class. We use the recommended ratio of 15:1 water to coffee so adjust the amounts in the recipe if you want more coffee. I highly recommend Intelligentsia coffee!
- Chemex coffee beaker
- Chemex coffee filter
- Digital kitchen scale
- 1 pot of boiling water preferably spring water
- 40 grams of freshly ground coffee
- sugar cubes and cream
- Place the Chemex filter into the mouth of the Chemex beaker. Pour some boiled water over the filter to dampen it. Then drain out the water.
- Place the prepared Chemex beaker onto a scale and zero it out.
- Add 40 grams of coffee grounds to the filter.
- Pour 600 grams of boiling water over the grounds.
- Allow the coffee to percolate and serve.
We enjoy our pour-over coffee with sugar cubes and fresh cream. Enjoy!