We love eating lamb chops in our home and they make a simple yet elegant meal that is very easy to prepare. Preparing your lamb chops this way allows for them to capture their juices instead of being dried out by using the grill. If you can get some garlic from your local farmers market the flavor is un-matched. We serve our lamb chops with roasted acorn squash or sautéed spinach. I also like my chops with some bbq sauce. Enjoy!
- 7-8 lamb rib chops trimmed or 6 lamb loin chops
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil + 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil for the skillet
- Sea salt and pepper to to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove or 3 small garlic cloves smashed and finely chopped
- Red pepper flakes
- Dried Oregano
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rub the lamb chops with the fresh rosemary
- Add 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper to a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the prepared lamb chops to the bowl and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Pre-heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil. Immediately add the lamb chops and sear on one side until lightly golden about 3 minutes. Flip and sear on the other side about 3 minutes more.
- Remove the pan from the heat and place it in the pre-heated oven. Cook the lamb for a few minutes more until it is 135 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove it from the oven and put it on a plate and cover it with foil. Allow it to rest about 5 minutes.
- To serve the lamb chops: garnish with red pepper flakes and dried oregano to taste.
Source: Adapted from Bon Appetit “Herb-Roasted Lamb Chops”