This salad is perfect for the middle of winter and has a little bit of everything so people can pick and choose their toppings. I top mine with some cherry balsamic vinegar and olive oil and my husband just has the olive oil. There are endless topping options to use in the proportions you want. I just use some things I like, and some things my husband likes. Enjoy!
- baby arugula
- strawberries sliced
- carrot shavings (I use multiple colors of carrots)
- white mushrooms sliced
- shallots chopped fine and fried in some olive oil or purple onions
- grape tomatoes halved
- parmesan shavings
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- A drizzle of Balsamic vinegar (I use Villa Manodori Dark Cherry)
- A drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil
Add the arugula to a medium-sized bowl and top with the strawberries, carrots, mushrooms, shallots and tomatoes leaving them in sections. Top with parmesan shavings, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sea salt and pepper to taste.
Source: Janel from twelvebasketfuls.com