These burritos are perfect for a day when you are busy. I was given this recipe by my Mom and it is perfect! These burritos take so little time to prepare and taste absolutely delicious! Using pre-shredded cheese also helps with this endeavor as it melts very quickly. I like to prepare my refried beans from scratch but feel free to use canned beans. Enjoy!
I like my burritos with the works, but feel free to leave them plain as my husband likes them.
Makes 5-6 burritos
- 1 -1 1/2 pounds ground lamb or ground beef
- 1/3 cup mild salsa
- flour tortillas (I like the Organic traditional flour tortillas from La Tortilla Factory)
- 1 package grated mild cheddar cheese (I use Horizon Organic)
- 1 cup refried pinto beans (Optional I prepare my beans from scratch)
- 1 can green enchilada sauce (I use Hatch enchilada sauce)
- sour cream
- golden raisins
- heirloom tomato or roma tomato
- shredded lettuce
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brown your ground lamb or beef in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Drain the oil. Add the burger to a bowl and combine it with the salsa.
- Fill each flour tortilla with some of the burger filling, optional re-fried beans, and some shredded cheddar cheese.
- Roll each of the tortillas up and place them in a row. Cover the burritos with the green enchilada sauce and more cheese (use as much as you prefer).
- Place the casserole dish in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly (about 20 minutes).
- Remove the burritos from the oven and serve immediately with optional toppings.
Source: Vadonna W.