This is one of my husband’s favorite Italian salads as he prefers things basic with no salad dressing. This salad utilizes extra-virgin olive oil and a squeeze of lemon instead of salad dressing. This salad is a great way to get meat-lovers to eat some greens. Enjoy!
- 1 package (5 ounces) pre-washed spring mix that contains radicchio (if no radicchio add some to the mix)
- 1/3 pound prosciutto rolled up and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil cut into ribbons
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves cut into ribbons
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese finely sliced
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese balls
- 1 teaspoon dried italian or greek oregano
- Small squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl starting with a bed of greens then top with each of the ingredients.
- Garnish the salad with some dried oregano, a squeeze of lemon juice and drizzle with some extra-virgin olive oil or your favorite salad dressing.
Source: Janel from twelvebasketfuls.com