Montmorency cherry juice concentrate is so flavorful it tastes like cherry pie. The potassium from the cherries and bananas make this is a great post-workout smoothie. Feel free to use milk or vanilla almond milk instead of kefir. It will just make the consistency a little less thick. I keep bananas frozen in the freezer to have ready for smoothies. Just cut them in half and carefully cut off the peel. Enjoy!
Makes 2 smoothies
- 1/4 cup Montmorency cherry juice concentrate
- 1 cup milk, plain kefir or vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon golden organic flaxseed meal (I prefer Bob’s Red Mill flaxseed meal)
- 1/2 cup frozen dark sweet cherries
- 2 frozen bananas peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 3 tablespoons runny honey
Place all of the ingredients into a blender and combine well. Top with additional honey if desired.
Source: Janel from twelvebasketfuls.com