This salad is great for a quick lunch or a side dish. The protein adds some substance that you don’t find in most salads. I prefer the Italian Dark Cherry Villa Mandori Balsamic Vinegar as it is sweet and syrupy but any high-quality aged balsamic vinegar would work. I have added cooking instructions for the boiled eggs as it is important not to have overdone hard boiled eggs. Enjoy!
- 1 box spring salad mix use as much as you like
- 2-4 slices canadian bacon or black forest ham cut into fourths and rolled up
- 4 tablespoons cheddar cheese crumbles (I crumbled my own)
- 2 avocados sliced
- 2 tablespoons salted sunflower seeds
- 2 small handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- 2 boiled eggs
- 4 radishes thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried fruit such as dates or cranberries
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar or your favorite salad dressing
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Prepare your hard-boiled eggs by bringing a small saucepan filled with enough water to cover 2 eggs to a boil. Lower the heat to medium and simmer the eggs for about 10 minutes. Once the eggs have finished cooking, cool the eggs in a bowl with ice water.
- Add the salad greens to the salad bowls and divide half of each of the ingredients between the two bowls arranging them on top of the greens in sections.
- Drizzle the salad with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar or your favorite salad dressing.