I love eating pad thai and it has been difficult to find a good recipe as many recipes are too salty or not sweet enough, but finally this is it! The tahini adds a wonderful sesame flavor to the dish. Roasted fish is the perfect accompaniment to the noodles, and that’s it. We use Lotus brand black rice noodles. I also highly recommend Red Boat fish sauce as it is flavorful and doesn’t contain any preservatives or MSG.
- 1½ tablespoons fish sauce (Red boat is the best!)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/4 tablespoons sesame tahini
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar (aged high quality otherwise just use 1 more teaspoon of rice vinegar)
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper chili flakes (add more to taste if you like)
- 1 package rice noodles (I like the Lotus brand noodles)
- dried ginger and/or sesame seeds
- Add all of the ingredients except for the noodles to a medium sized mixing bowl and whisk to form a smooth sauce.
- Prepare the rice noodles according to the package instructions. Once the rice noodles are finished cooking, don’t forget to rinse them with cold water and drain to prevent them from getting gummy.
- To serve: coat the noodles with the sauce and garnish with the optional toppings.
Source: Adapted from Lotus Foods https://www.lotusfoods.com/recipe/5-minute-tahini-pad-thai/