Today we are celebrating the survival of our pup Molly from her recent bout of serious illness and are so grateful God has allowed her to stay with us. This salad creation is very similar to a salad I recently enjoyed in a wonderful Italian restaurant and I wanted it again so I “re-created” it with a different twist. The original salad was made with melon and tomato. The combinations of fresh fruit that could be used are endless and also there is the option of leaving out the tomatoes and just using fruit. Some prosciutto would also be delicious if you have some. Enjoy!
- 2 nectarines or 3 donut nectarines chopped into cubes
- 1 medium-sized heirloom tomato chopped into cubes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 Mild chili pepper type of your choice very finely chopped (I used a small chili from my garden and I don’t have a clue what kind it was)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil ribbons
- Fresh mozzarella cheese 1/2 ball diced (I used buffalo mozzarella)
- Aged Balsamic Vinegar (Optional to drizzle on top of the finished salad)
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil generously drizzled on the salad
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Add all of the ingredients to a medium-sized bowl. Top with the optional aged balsamic vinegar, a good drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
Source: Janel from twelvebasketfuls.com