This creamy soup is the ultimate comfort food! It is important to use mushrooms that are really fresh. I cut down on the cream from the original recipe and the soup was still delicious. This mushroom soup could even be used as a topping for grilled steak or lamb chops. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 20 ounces fresh mushrooms (baby bella and white mushrooms) cleaned and sliced
- ¼ cup Vidalia onion finely diced
- ¼ cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 ¼ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
1. In a medium-sized skillet over medium heat melt the butter. Add prepared mushrooms and onion and sauté until the mushrooms are soft and the onion is translucent.
2. Add the all-purpose white flour to the skillet with the mushrooms and onions and stirring frequently, let it cook for about 2 minutes.
3.Whisk in the low-sodium chicken broth and garlic powder. Over medium heat bring the mixture to a simmer. Turn the heat down to medium-low and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Whisk in the heavy whipping cream and whole milk and gently warm the soup over medium-low heat. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
5. Once the soup has finished warming, garnish it with the finely chopped parsley.
Source: Adapted from https://thepioneerwoman.com